ADA Advisory Committee
Members (3 Year Terms)
- Elizabeth Heisey, Chair, 2022
- Lisa Bonneville, 2021
- Gretchen Wood, 2021
- Laurie Werle, 2023
- Joan Snow, 2022
- Vacancy, 2023
- Town Administrator, ex officio
Agendas and Minutes
Please view most recent agendas and minutes.
To serve the town in an advisory capacity
- Objective 1: To distribute printed information on compliance guidelines.
- Objective 2: To offer guidance and learning opportunities regarding methods and parameters of compliance and how to achieve them.
- Objective 1: To prioritize existing conditions of non-compliance to determine future initiatives.
- Objective 2: To create public awareness of the increased accessibility of town properties.
- Strategy 1: Submit monthly articles to the Manchester Cricket.
We have continued to work to bring accessibility to both town-owned and private facilities. Each year the Americans with Disabilities Advisory Committee honors local facilities that have opened their doors to the whole community by becoming accessible with the prestigious Access Award. The criteria for this award are:
- Sufficient designated handicapped parking spaces
- A safe and direct approach to the primary entrance
- Doorways must be wide enough with no thresholds and ease of door opening
- Ample room for seating and movement
- Bathrooms in facilities offering food service or functions must be ADA-compliant.
- Manchester by the Sea Municipal Buildings
- Manchester by the Sea Outdoor Areas
- Part A - Town of Manachester by the Sea Executive Summary 03.20.20
- PART B - Manchester by the Sea Evaluation of non-discriminatory Policies practices 03-19-20
- PART C - Town of Manchester by-the-Sea Self Evaluation Summary 073120
- Part D - Order of Magnitude Cost Estimates 032020
- Priority for ADA Transition Plan Manchester by the Sea Municipal Buildings 031920
- Priority for ADA Transition Plan Manchester by the Sea Outdoor Areas 031920
- Disability Resource Center
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
- United States Access Board
- New England ADA and Accessible IT Center
- Information and Technical Assistance on the ADA Act: Title II State and Local Government
- Information and Technical Assistance on the ADA Act: Title III: Public Accommodations and Commercial Facilities