Frequently Asked Questions
- What if my trash, recyclables or large item with green sticker was not collected:
Waste Management would like to hear from you, please call 800-972-4545.
- What if my food waste was not collected:
Black Earth would like to hear from you, please call 978-290-4610.
- How do I dispose of a large item like a mattress or a boxspring:
Buy a $5 green sticker from the Town Clerk at the Town Hall and place item curbside by 7am on your regular trash day. Only one large item per household per collection day please.
- Is there a collection schedule/calendar for 2017:
Go to the tabs on the left and click COLLECTION SCHEDULE 2017 to see all the one-day delays for 2017
- When is the Transfer Station open:
Wed 7.30-3pm and Saturday 10-3pm, see "Disposal Fees, Hours and Locations" tab on the left for more information.
- How do I dispose of TV's, Laptops, Computer Monitors:
use the Disposal Fees, Hours and Locations tab on the left for more information.
- How do I dispose of freezers, fridges, air-conditioners:
Use the Curbside & Transfer Station Banned items tab on the left and then the Documents link at the bottom of that page.
- What can I do with rechargeable and button batteries and fluorescent bulbs: Please take fluorescent bulbs to the Transfer Station. Rechargeable and button batteries can go to the DPW office, rm 6, Town Hall, Mon-Thurs 8.30-5pm or the transfer station.
- When is the next Hazardous Waste disposal day in Manchester:
Saturday April 22, 2017, for more information go the Board of Health page:http://www.manchester.ma.us/337/Board-of-Health
- How do I get information about cemeteries including pricing:
- How do I sign up for alerts on my phone via text or email:
From our Homepage, click on NOTIFY ME on the left.
- I have Water / Sewer questions:
Call Sue on 978-526-1242