Complete Streets Workshop - March 26th!
Join a group of stakeholders - property owners, Bike and Pedestrian Committee members and Downtown Improvement Projects Committee members - to further develop options that meet a series of objectives, some of the which compete with one another. For example, on-street parking within an intersection conflicts with safe passage of pedestrians and vehicles.
Tuesday, March 26th at 6pm
Town Hall Room #5
How the Complete Streets Program Works
Complete Streets are streets for everyone. They are designed and operated to enable safe access for all users, including pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders of all ages and abilities. Complete Streets make it easy to cross the street, walk to shops, and bicycle to work.
- With the Complete Streets Prioritization Plan (CSPP) accepted by Mass Department of Transportation (MassDOT), the Town is eligible to request construction funding for identified CSPP projects.
- The Town can request up to $400,000 for projects to be completed in 2018 through a competitive grant application due by October 1, 2017.
- The Board of Selectmen chose nine projects to forward for funding requests at its meeting on Monday, September 25, 2017. Most projects focus on pedestrian crossings and improved crosswalks, ramps and sidewalks to increase safety and accessibility.
- The Town will be notified by December 2, 2017 of projects approved for funding by the Commonwealth.
- Any projects funded by MassDOT must be completed by December 31, 2018.
Final Report, 2017
- Intersection Design Options / Complete Streets Presentation March 4, 2019
- Complete Streets Presentation 021919 vhb
- Alternative Designs for School Central Union Feb 2018
- Complete Street Public Mtg Flyer_2017-6-8
- Complete Streets Public Meeting Notes 3.21.17
- Complete Streets News 1 (March 2017)
- Manchester by the Sea Safe and Accessible Streets Policy
- Kickoff Meeting Notes-Town Working Group
- Complete Streets Preliminary Project List
- Complete Streets Preliminary Project Map
- Complete Streets Presentation_2017-06-08
- Complete Streets Presentation March 2017