- Aliison Anholt-White, Chair, exp. 06/30/2020
- Melissa Flinn, exp. 06/30/2020
- Allison Ste. Marie, exp. 06/30/2021
- Nadia Wetzler, exp. 06/30/2020
- Su-Yin Mittermaier, exp. 06/30/2021
- Carley Cook, exp. 06/30/2022
- Dana Spang Menon, exp. 06/30/2022
- Kyle Khani, Student Member @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Friday, November 1 at 7:00 PM in the Manchester Community Center
Talk by Janet Domenitz, Executive Director of MassPIRG (Massachusetts Public Interest Group.) She will speak on "Trash in Massachusetts: State of the State."
Our very own MERHS Green Team will present their projects.
This will be followed by a movie showing "Bag It" one man's journey through the problems of reducing plastic waste in our lives. Funny and informative, ideal for teens and adults. There will be discussion of how we can improve our practices locally.
Refreshments will be served.
Saturday, November 2 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM in the Community Center
In the spirit of using less, local businesses and organizations will present products and practical ideas for reducing our waste and living more sustainably. Some of the companies represented are:
Black Earth Compost, Seaside Cycle, Big Mike's Bikes, Backyard Growers, Cape Ann Farmer’s Market, Cedar Farms, Boston Solar, Wild Oats, Manchester Stock Exchange, Madam Had'em, Manchester Public Library, Manchester DPW, and Manchester Essex Conservation Trust. Also featuring activities for children, recycling tips, how to make your own beauty products and house cleaning products, small appliance repair, clothing and gear swap, and much more. Come and learn how you can reduce your carbon footprint.
Bravo Pizza and Parfait Food Truck.
Sign the Use Less pledge and win a beautiful bag!