Information will be added to this page as it becomes available.
G.L. c. 40B, §§ 20-23 – known as Chapter 40B or the Comprehensive Permit Law – is a state law that was enacted in 1969 to facilitate construction of low- or moderate-income housing. It establishes a consolidated local review and approval process (known as a “comprehensive permit”) that empowers the zoning board of appeals (ZBA) in each city and town to hold hearings and make binding decisions that encompass all local ordinances or bylaws and regulations. In certain circumstances, the ZBA’s comprehensive permit decision may be appealed to the Massachusetts Housing Appeals Committee (HAC), which has the power to affirm, modify, or overturn local decisions.
Zoning Board of Appeals - 40B Hearings
Strategic Land Ventures (SLV) received a Project Eligibility Letter (PEL) from MassHousing on September 16, 2021. On September 27, 2021 SLV filed an application with the Zoning Board of Appeals for the development of Shingle Hill. The ZBA will open the public hearing process on October 26, 2021.
- NEW! Geo-Tech Report_MBTS Apts., School Street, Manchester, Mass
- 0.1 Cover
- 0.1 Table of Contents Sanctuary at Manchester by the Sea
- 1 Introduction to Comp Permit Application
- 2 Project Data Summary V1
- 3 Applicant Status
- 4 PEL Manchester By the Sea September 2021
- 5 Development Team
- 6.1.1 PSA Fully Signed
- 6.1.2 First Amendment to PSA (fully signed)
- 6.1.3 Second Amendment to PSA (fully signed)
- 7 SAMPLE NEF Regulatory Agreement
- 8.1 Traffic Impact Analysis 0920
- 8.2 Sanctuary at MBTS RTC 011921
- 9 Technical Plan Set Submittal Sanctuary at Manchester by the Sea
- 10.1 Zoning Bylaw Waivers R1
- 10.2 Wetlands Bylaw Waivers
- 11 Existing Conditions Narrative
- 12 2021 07 16 Sanctuary at Manchester by the Sea Drainage Report
- 13 Manchester SHI 9 21 21